Monday, June 2, 2008

Think Twice - before down loading Adobe CS3 Lite

I don’t have much knowledge about all these graphic tools... But this was one of my requirements to find out good graphic tool which is not that heavy on the machine ( Most of the graphics software need lot of RAM and processor power)

So I decide to search for "Adobe Lite" it all came up many results that say "Adobe CS3 Lite". My first reaction was to download it and install it and see. It said it is free. It installed and went ok...

Then I thought of doing search about this cool graphic tool. And notice that actual Adobe website does not have any product like this. And couple of comments claim that this software contains 2 Trojan Houses. (TR/Peed.Gen.736 & TR/Peed.Gen.745)

I did couple of scans with AVG 7.5, Avira Antivirus Personal and Microtrend Online Virus scanner. But I could not find any Trojan or Virus. How ever still I can not trust.

Still it leaves couple of questions with me

Is it legal software??
Is it just created to spread a Trojan??

At the movement answers for these questions are

I think it is not legal coz it use Adobe CS3 but they done have such product in www.adobe.com website. It might have a security risk as well...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin