Thursday, April 17, 2008

How Slax can save your day?

How many times you lost your valuable data because your operating system crash? Once I lost all my data trying to change windows start up screen. Cannot blame windows it is totally my fault. Second time it was different. When I start windows it stops after windows flag screen. I haven’t done anything it was working fine and all of a sudden it keeps on giving a blank screen. It boot up in safe mode. I took most of the backups. Then I start to fix the error. It got worst. It starts complaining it cannot find a bootable hard or disk. Now I cannot even start it in safe mode.

I have couple of more important files to retrieve but it was too late.


I am pretty sure you might have come cross similar situations like this. You might have already lost your important files. I found a simple solution to overcome this problem. Slax (your pocket operating system) will come handy. Slax is simplified portable version created from Linux. It is well organise graphical user interface and it include most of the frequently use tools. Remote desktop, paint, text editors, its own excel word and power point version, PDF readers, Media players are few of the useful tools you can find in Slax.


Most important feature of Slax is it is portable. You can simply download the image and burn it to the CD or copy it to USB flash drive or mp3 player and you can boot up your machine.
You can access your files you can preview files before you copy the files. You can retrieve all the files really easily. One of the useful features I figure out was it can access the shared folders of other machines connect to the local area network. You can copy file to the shared folders.
Overcome my problem after copying all the files I remove the CMOS battery and install the default values and reinstall the Windows. Thanks to Slax I could have copy all the important file back to my fresh copy of windows.


You better download it can create the CD and keep it with you. It will save your day.
Download Slax
Blog Widget by LinkWithin