Sunday, October 21, 2012

CrazzyCool learn to develop Android Application

It is a sunny Sunday and all of sudden I want to learn how to build an Android application. First thing is to find some good tutorials. Yes, ideal place is Google.
I manage to find these really useful free Android app course and video tutorial demonstrate how to build your first (Hello World) app.

I think this is the easiest part getting all the materials ready.

  • Android App Course by Google - It is an undergraduate course on developing applications. 
  • Android training provided by Google - This sounds bit advanced and soon I am going to figure it out. I am expecting to find lots of useful classes that help me to build my first application. 
  • Simple video tutorial that will give you a good idea of the process. 

Enough! I think that's enough materials. Now need some action. Let me start with the Android App course (First resource). 

Lab 1

I just note down every step I did in bullet points. In the tutorials I liked will provide detailed instructions how to do each task more clearly. 

  • Downloading SDK for Windows (672 MB). Yes, I am going to try this on Windows 7 PC.
  • Installing the SDK. Double click the exe and next, next, next and Done (You know the trick). In case you need some help. Once you successfully installed it, you should be able to open Android SDK Manager. 
  • Now its time to download install Eclipse Classics (183MB). 
  • Next step is to install the ADT plugin from Google 




It seems like I am ready to build my first Android Application. Are you?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin